Kiwi TCMS - Open Source Test Case Management System¶
Kiwi TCMS is a test plan, test run and test case management system, that is written in Python and Django. It has a lot of great features, such as Bugzilla and JIRA integration, fast test plan and runs search, powerful access control for each plan, run and case, and XML-RPC APIs.
- Feb 2009 - Project created by Red Hat, Inc. as a replacement for Testopia under the name Nitrate
- Nov 2014 - Source code published on GitHub without previous history
- Aug 2016 - Mr. Senko, Ltd. starts contributing to Nitrate
- May 2017 - Upstream appears to be totally unresponsive, Mr. Senko, Ltd. creates a fork and continues rapid development separately
- Aug 2017 - The fork has support for the latest Django version
- Sep 2017 - Project name changed to Kiwi TCMS and migrated to Python 3, started migrating to modern UI using Patternfly
- Oct 2017 - Kiwi TCMS has an official website at http://kiwitcms.org and will be developed as a community project sponsored by Mr. Senko, Ltd.
- Nov 2017 - merge the python-nitrate API client sources and modify them to work with the current code base.